I asked one of my good girlfriends how her spring break was, and what did she do over break. Immediately before I could get anything else out of my mouth, she quickly jumped and opened her eyes so big, raised her eyebrows and told me to sit down. I thought to myself, oh this has to be good. Like the book had mentioned, we can communicate a variety of messages by the use of your eyebrows and your forehead. For my girlfriend, she showed an example of an affect blend expression, expressing several emotions at the same time on the face. For her it was her eyes that lit up like fireworks were going off behind my head, and her eyebrows rising to the top of her hair line.
She proceeded to tell her about her trip she took with a bunch of friends from school to Florida. She told me about the plane ride there, and how she meant this little old lady (scrunching her eyes as if she was old and could not see) and how extremely sweet she was with her little old body, and her nose and mouth. As we continued to discuss her trip, we talked about different things she did while she was down there, and the sadness of her eyes when she was saying that it flew by too fast.
We started talking about the massive amount of school work she had to do when she got home, and how ridiculous that teachers would schedule papers and exams for the day we resume classes. As I was focusing on her mouth she had no signs of laughter, or excitement but her eyebrows and nose would constantly scrunch due to how anger she was about the amount of work teachers give their students over their break. Her facial expressions where a mixture of anger and disgust, because clearly the last thing she wanted to do the final days before class started was sit inside and get everything done.
Overall reading her facial expressions, I think I was more observable to her facial expressions instead of her body language for this particular assignment. I was able to really feel emotion by identifying it through her facial gestures while asking her questions about her break.
Chelsea -- this post is nicely structured and contains some detailed observations. Now: watch your spelling and punctuation. The first sentence needs punctuation (quotation marks and a question mark) and the word meant is used instead of met, and so on. Consider writing your posts in Word, using the grammar and spell checker, saving in text and copying it to your blog.
ReplyDelete